The Government-wide Section 508 Team within GSA’s Office of Government-wide Policy (OGP) would like to thank all the agency Section 508 coordinators and practitioners for your participation in our recent Section 508 Outreach Survey. We appreciate your time and effort, and the data you have provided will help us enhance support for, and collaboration on, Section 508 practices across the federal government.
Your feedback will help us:
- Improve partnerships and information-sharing across agencies.
- Develop targeted tools and training for the Section 508 community to strengthen the building blocks of your agency’s Accessibility Program, including:
- Solicitation generation;
- Solicitation compliance review;
- Website accessibility assessments;
- Software development; and
- Legal compliance.
- Support you with recommendations for tools and training to address specific Section 508 issues identified in your survey responses.
New Tools for Section 508 Coordinators
We are developing a Solicitations Review Tool (SRT) to help you with solicitations compliance review, as well as Pulse, a web policy compliance dashboard (including automated accessibility error detection). We’re working with the community to ensure these tools put more information into the hands of agencies, and offer value-add assistance to Section 508 Coordinators. These tools are meant to help your agency focus limited resources on areas of greatest need. We’re reviewing the tools that you told us you’re already using in this arena, along with your input on the automated accessibility error identification in Pulse, to ensure we incorporate best practices into all future development.